The DDO (Domino Database Optimizer) is a database-oriented utility that automates and greatly simplifies the optimization of Domino databases, this can be done either manually or using the integrated scheduling options and selection criteria. The primary focus of the DDO is maximising the performance of your databases and the Domino server and minimising I/O. With each new release of Domino and the ODS (On-Disk Structure) upgrades to databases, IBM continues to place great emphasis on working to reduce I/O and with good reason as reducing I/O leads to improved performance for the entire system. This has a “more than the sum of it’s parts” ripple effect that manifests through the entire system in many ways, a more responsive server and improved end user experience while interacting with applications and replicas, right through to faster backup times and back-end storage efficiencies.
The DBMT, introduced with Domino 9, is seamlessly integrated into the Domino Database Optimizer’s custom 3-Stage optimization process. This integration provides a powerful, easy to use, one-stop interface to leverage the benefits of multiple complimentary maintenance tools and advanced tuning techniques. With DDO, the administrator is no longer burdened with configuring and keeping track of numerous Program Documents, or time researching beneficial but little known or obscure settings. The Domino Database Optimizer empowers you to very easily manage, configure and continuously perform extensive best-practice database and server maintenance automatically, so you can focus on the other duties you need to attend to – just set and forget!
Key Product Features
Advanced scheduling options and automatic selection criteria based on user configuration and fully integrated with the Domino Administrator client.
The Domino Database Optimizer is designed to give you less of the following, so you get More performance and value:
- Server I/O = Less
- Compacting = Less
- DBIID Changes = Less
- Fragmentation = Less
- Backup requirements = Less
- Backup times = Less
- Server restart time when TXN Log or Consistency Checking required = Less
- View Rebuild times = Less
- To-Do List items for the Administrator = Less
- Selectable database optimization strategy based on back-end storage type
- Integrated log of optimization activities – no more searching log.nsf
- Automatically enable DAOS participation, document compression and LZ1compression on targeted databases. (configure to include or exclude)
- Integrated scheduling for automatic defragmentation of targeted nsf files based on configurable selection criteria
- Integrated scheduling to automate Volume free-space defragmentation
- Integrated scheduling, configuration and optimization of the DBMT
- Monitoring and allocation of contiguous free-space within selected nsf files to accommodate non-fragmented future file growth as new data is added.
- On-Demand detailed Fragmentation Health/Free-Space report generation for all drives attached to the server.
- Scheduled Compact maintenance of System Databases (and other databases you might want to add) via Compact Replication with the Domino server up and running and therefore minimizing down-time. A restart is scheduled on the “System Databases Optimization” tab and then initiated automatically to complete the rename process.
Extended functionality and configuration options integrate with DBMT providing enhanced maintenance benefits:
- Scheduled/Automated copy-style compact operations with selection for processing based on a configurable freespace amount/day of the week criteria. (No need to schedule any other compacts)
- Purges deletion stubs
- Expires soft deleted entries
- Updates views
- Reorganizes folders
- Merges full-text indexes
- Updates unread lists
- Ensures that critical views are created for failover
- No longer need to run Updall if using this tool. (IBM recommends do not run both)
– Domino 9.01 Windows
Trial or purchase the Domino Database Optimizer
DDO costs $US 150 per server for a 12 month license.